Which High Speed Handpiece is the Best is a question we get asked often.
The way this question should be asked is, “Which High Speed Handpiece is the Best for Me?”
The answer depends on your circumstances and the materials you will be engraving or carving on.
We held a question/answer conference call earlier today and I (Russ) was asked this question.
Here is how I answered – Play the audio file below to hear the answer.
(note: there is no video, only audio)
[jwplayer config=”audio only” mediaid=”2405″]
Here are some factors to consider when deciding which handpiece is right for you:
- Material you are working on (Wood Carvers prefer Turbo 300)
- Noise of tool (NSK and Lab Z Air are quietest)
- Lubrication vs. Non Lubrication (Turbo 300 is lube type, others are non lube)
- Traveling (transporting oil)
- Longevity of tool (Turbo 300 lasts longer)
- Cost (NSK is less, Shofu and Turbo 300 are higher)
- Feel of tool (NSK is wider, Shofu is thinner)
- Weight of tool (NSK and Turbo 300 are comparable, Shofu is slightly heavier)
- Plunger vs. Twist (Turbo 300 and Lab Z have plunger, NSK Presto is twist bur release)
- Warranty (Turbo 300 is best)
We hope this information is helpful in making your decision.
Quick Links to Handpieces
|Turbo 300 High Speed Handpiece||NSK Presto Oil Less||Shofu Lab Z Air Oil Free Handpiece|