Whether you carve wood, gourds, eggshells, or any other material, keeping your work area (and your lungs) free and clear of dust and debris should be at the top of your priority list. If it’s not, please step back and reconsider.
Sometimes we all need a small reminder to always recommend wearing safety glasses, a good respirator and having a good air filter or dust collector in your workshop or studio.
This isn’t always easy because there are many factors to consider when choosing the right air filter for you.
You do have choices. There are many different styles and sizes of dust collectors for carvers.
Here are some of the factors to consider including:
- Do you carve or engrave at events?
- Does your air filter/dust collector need to be portable?
- How large are the items that you carve or engrave?
- Do you need a cabinet to work inside, or just a filter to sit on a bench or table?
- How much room do you have in your shop or studio for a dust collector?
- How much noise can you allow or tolerate in an air filter system?
- and of course, What is the Cost of the air filter system?
These are just a few, I am sure you can think of more.
Profitable Hobbies has just added a new Portable Air Filter System for Carving and Engraving to our existing line of dust collectors.
It doesn’t have a fancy name, no bells or whistles, it just simple works. Did I mention that it is also very affordable? We’re talking almost half of what similar units cost. (now available in Profitable Hobbies Online Store)
This is a simple, bench style, portable dust collector for all types of carvers and engravers.
It is designed to sit on your bench or work area behind where you carve and draw carving debris away from you, into the filter.
Carving debris is pulled into the filter by a “suction” funnel created by two computer grade fans mounted behind the 2 inch thick air filter. Debris is trapped in the filter, then the air exits the back of the unit.
To remove the filter, simply slip it our the front. Filter can be cleaned by removing filter and tapping out dust. Note – always tap from back to front. You want to remove the particles, not drive them further into the filter.
Replacement filters will be available soon – check Profitable Hobbies Online Store or call us at 1 800 624-7415.
- Sturdy Metal Construction
- Lightweight, Compact, Portable
- The plastic doors on the front are attached with velcro and can be adjusted as needed. Detach when transporting.
- The fans are whisper quiet (like a computer fan) and sealed so they are maintenance free.
- Each fan has it’s own switch (mounted on top) so you can use one or both fans as needed.
- Fans draw up to 500 cfm (cubic feet per minute) of air. (when both are turned on)
- Efficient, industrial grade air filter captures 90% of carving debris
- Two 115v outlets on the side so you can plug in lights or other electric tools.
- Overall dimensions are 8″ W x 10 1/2″ H x 21 W”.
- Filter dimension is 20″ x 10″ x 2″.
- Weight is approx. 20 lbs.
- Perfect for all types of power carving.
- One year warranty
This unit is very useful and versatile for all types of wood carving, power carving, high speed engravers, egg carvers, gourd carving and more. Many use it with hand tools. As long as you can put your work in front of it, it will pull dust and debris into the filter, providing a cleaner, safer work area.
More pictures of this Portable Air Filter / Dust Collector for Carvers:
View this Dust Collector in our Online Store.
Profitable Hobbies reminds you to always wear safety attire when working.
Watch for a complete dust collection – air filter comparison coming soon.
Don’t forget to Subscribe by E-mail to be automatically notified and e-mailed the link to the latest item.