Simply Trace the Lines – Free Engraving / Carving Patterns for Engraving Anything
Are you actually doing something with these patterns?
Come on, let’s be honest, how many of you are downloading these free engraving patterns and storing them away – in case you need them later?
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that, but there might be a better alternative……
Links to Free Patterns are towards the bottom of this page – but hear me out….
Take a look at that box on the shelf (or the closet) of old photographs – (you know, the one’s you are going to get around to organizing later). Boy, how quickly things can pile up around us – and the reality is – we are probably never going to “get around” to doing anything about it – or organizing the “stuff”.
It doesn’t take long before we have so much “stuff” piling up, that we don’t even know where to start.
NOW TIMES THAT NUMBER OF “STUFF” BY 10,000 (maybe more!)
This is what computers have done to our lives – you can’t see the boxes of “stuff” piling up around you. Space is no longer an issue, once something is on your computer hard drive, you don’t have to see it anymore. Did you know that 1 gb of information on your computer is comparable to a full size filing cabinet of physical information? Sure, it’s a general analogy – but it is a common comparison.
Now look at the size of the hard drive on your computer – how many full size filing cabinets of information do you have there? I’ll bet it grows daily too! I know mine does.
So, here’s what I want you to do…. (there will be a test!)
- Download these free engraving / carving patterns
- Save them on your Computer (with all the other “filing cabinets” of information)
- Print them out (yes – physically print them!)
- Copy at least one engraving pattern onto stencil film. (Here’s the link if you need some - Stencil Film)
- Find an object to put the pattern on (I have even used a 2×4 block of wood -not the best – but it’s better than nothing!) It doesn’t matter if it is glass, metal, wood, stone, tile, the dog (no, don’t do that!).
- Engrave the pattern (onto something – anything.)
- Get some hours under you with a high speed drill in your hand.
- Come back to this page and comment – share what you did with the rest of our network of artists. Post a picture on our facebook page. This is what makes it all worth it. Ask questions, get critique, learn from others
- Rinse and Repeat.
Click on these Page Numbers to Download the Free Engraving Patterns
If you’ve attended any of our Free Engraving Webinars lately, you’ve probably heard Keith Hone or Joe Cummings talk about engraving a little bit each day. Every little bit helps, engraving hours add up and your projects improve dramatically. Craig Hone tells that he draws – every day – doesn’t matter how long, what it is, pencil or pen – he just makes sure he draws something – every day.
It’s a fool proof process – practice something every day, and you will improve beyond your own expectations.
Just in case you missed our last posts – with more Free Patterns – here are the links:
Trouble Viewing the Free Patterns?