Aside

In His Grip, Nanette Bartet

Gourd Art Carving by Nanette Bartet

Carved Gourd ArtIt amazes me how much talent there is among our network. If  this is Nanette’s 2nd gourd,  can you just imagine what her 10th or her 20th is going to look like? Wow I can’t wait.
Nanette has a very sweet spirit and it shows in her art.
Thank you for sharing your words of praise,  this is truly a wonderful network of fantastic artist. Now we have another wonderful artist  to ad to the “family”  – Tamaree

“I am so excited about this new journey that I have just begun.  My life seems to have come to another crossroads and I chose to walk down the
path less traveled, or so I thought.  I have found a whole new family of wonderful people and fantastic artists. Many of you have deeply touched my life and you aren’t even aware of it. I appreciate the wonderful spirit of sharing and the willingness to help that everyone has shown.
Recently, I watched the videos from Profitable Hobbies by Marilyn, Mary, and Booker, on gourd carving.  I have surfed the web constantly for the last few months, simply devouring the beauty of gourd creations.
My “Little Gourd” is my first attempt at wood burning. This is actually my second gourd carving.  I gave the first one to my sister for Christmas.
I give my Father credit for imparting a portion of his creativeness to my life and realize my own humanity prevents me from being able to duplicate any art piece I might do. Therefore, each expression of art is a “one-of-a kind”.  I also enjoy drawing pencil portraits, photography, calligraphy, and learning to do household renovation projects.  Hopefully, I will be able to incorporate my own photography and drawing on gourds, wood, and glass.
I also work full time doing graphics for Trax Motor Sports and enjoy my family of six gorgeous girls and eleven wonderful grandchildren.
Thanks so much for the inspiration and encouragement, Tammy.”
In His Grip,
Nanette Bartet

Be Sociable, Share!

, , , , ,

11 Responses to In His Grip, Nanette Bartet

1. Juanita Young March 8, 2010 at 10:55 pm #

Nanette…just beautiful work….very very nice…..

Juanita Young in Kenai, Alaska

2. Nanette Bartet March 8, 2010 at 11:40 pm #

Thanks, Juanita, for taking the time to comment. A word of encourgement
    goes a long way.
    Blessings on you, way up there in that beautiful country.
    Nanette

3. Karen Bradford March 9, 2010 at 8:45 am #

My student, Tom and I just viewed your gourd. Awesome! Tom grows gourds. He might have some for you Nanette. Tom was wondering how you do that.
    Your work is, as always, exceptional. I can’t wait to see more.

4. Loni Larsen March 9, 2010 at 10:52 am #

I love your design and the coloring is so wonderful. It would fit in any decor. I’m so glad you joined our little network! Have a great day!

5. Joanie Beck March 9, 2010 at 11:02 am #

Nanette,
    You did an amazing job for only your 2nd time. Keep up the good work. You sound like me with all the different projects. I too do glass etching, blasting, carving eggs, paint in oil, aclic, watercolor, etc. Now I have gotten into wood carving. I went to Utah and took a class from Craig and it was the best experience I ever had. You are right, every one with I & E network are the greatest. I couldn’t do all this without them. Be free to write to me any time. Would love to hear from you.
    Joanie Beck

6. Nanette Jr March 9, 2010 at 3:17 pm #

hey auntie….I’m glad I was named after such a talented aunt. 🙂 can’t wait to see my Whitetail Deer gourd. hint hint

love ya always,
    Ashlee

7. Marilyn Sunderland March 9, 2010 at 8:24 pm #

Nanette, great work. Sure excited to see another gourd artist in the network. Keep up the great work. Keep carving. Anxious to see your next work.
    Marilyn Sunderland

8. Joanie Beck March 11, 2010 at 11:18 pm #

Joanie, thanks for the encouragement. I had to laugh where you said I sounded like you.
    I can appreciate the kindred spirit. At least there is no time for being bored!

Nanette

9. Arlene March 13, 2010 at 5:46 pm #

I am the lucky one to get the first gourd My sister made. No mater how many more she carves,that will be my special one!!!!I’ve always admired you & this is just one more reasons, thank you!!!! Love you,much,much!!!!

10. Ora Lea McGee June 30, 2010 at 11:45 am #

Just one word “WOW”. Thanks for sending this to me so that I could see it. Looking forward to seeing the next one. You are so very talented. The portrait you did for me is me is priceless. I display it proudly. It means the world to me that you would take time to do something so special for me.
    Just me

11. janet finn March 28, 2011 at 8:09 am #

I just found this site. I have been gourding for about 20 years give or take. It always amazes me when I see other gourdites work. Thanks for the inspiration I have just read.