(Read all the way to the bottom of this page for a Special Promo Code)
You might be asking yourself, “What does sculpting have to do with Carving and why are they we spending so much time on sculpting lessons, rather than just teaching how to carve wood?”
What a lot of Wood Carvers don’t realize is how much their Wood Carving would improve if they first worked a design out in clay.
Think about this:
- Clay is very forgiving, wood is not.
- Clay is much cheaper than wood and can be used over and over.
- If you remove too much clay from a design, simply put it back.
- If you need to add some, grab a chunk and stick it in place and mold it into the piece.
- If you don’t like a texture, re-do it.
- If you want a tree to look a certain way, try it, wipe it out, try it again until you get it perfect.
- You could show a design to a client before carving it to make sure it’s exactly what they want.
- You have a clay design to show other clients after the wood carving is SOLD.
- You could have a bronze or resin cast made of the design for future promotion.
- You could have a bronze sculpture made from the clay to sell editions – Wood Carvings are only sold once.
It doesn’t matter if you carve 3d works of art or relief carvings, if you work out the details in clay – FIRST – the carving will go much quicker and the design is much more likely to turn out EXACTLY THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO. (The First Time!)
Check out this Webinar that Jeff Wolf presented on how Sculpting will Improve your Carving.
Check out Profitable Hobbies Latest DVD’s, Study Casts and Sculpting Kits to see how you can take your wood carving to the next level.
If you want to take your Wood Carving to a Higher Level:
- Download the Mule Deer Pattern (FREE) Here
- Print or Copy the Pattern onto Stencil Film
- Grab the Sculpting DVD Set and Sculpting Clay (or get the kit here)
- Follow the DVD Instructions to Sculpt the Deer in Clay
- Order the Mule Deer Relief Carving DVD Set
- Follow the steps shown in the DVD to Carve the Mule Deer Head in Wood
- Finish the project with our All New Bleaching and Staining Wood DVD
(When you get to our Facebook Page – Look for the Promo Code for 15% off the Products above! – Code expires June 15)