Wooden Plate High Speed Engraving / Wood Carving – Video
In Part 1 of the Wooden Plate Engraving Video below, Dr. Lew walks us through the following:
- The Importance of Networking with People
- The Importance of Never Being Without a Business Card
- Preparing Artwork for Wood Carving
- Preparing a Wooden Plate for Sealing and Carving
- Paying Attention to the Grain Direction in the wood
- Types of Wood for Carving and Engraving
- Carving Finished vs. Unfinished Wood Projects
- Using an Oil Sealer
Play the Video below:
Click the Play Button to Start the Video
[jwplayer config=”500x350dangdang” mediaid=”1292″]
If the video above does not play well – or stops to “buffer” – please press the “PAUSE” button to give the video additional time to download (buffer) from the web server. Just a minute or so should solve the problem.
The video above is only part 1 of this wood carving tutorial.
Parts 2-4 (showing the entire wood carving project) will be available to view very soon.
Make sure you Subscribe by E-Mail to be notified when they are available to view online.
Alder Wooden Plates for Carving – Available Here.
WAIT – At Profitable Hobbies next Free Webinar, Dr. Lew is going to take us through a Wooden Plate Carving he is doing right now for Utah State University.
This is no ordinary wooden plate, the one is 36 inches in diameter – and worth thou$and$!
Dr. Lew’s Wooden Plate Project Webinar is Wednesday, May 26 at 7:00 MDT – it is free to attend.
You can see all of our Upcoming Webinars at our Upcoming Webinars Page.